My Weight Loss

Created at Matthews Calorie Counter - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, April 11, 2011

First Week of April update

So I been on track for a week and I felt like I should update on how I did. I worked out 4 times last week. Definitely room for improvement. My workouts consist of strength training on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with a pretty intense ab workout at the end totalling about an hour each day. Not too bad. I can tell I was definitely feeling it, ask Todd I was whining all weekend because of soreness. Anyways, Tuesday was my 45 minute Cardio workout and Thursday was Yoga. I didn't do Yoga this last week because I was uber-sore. (doing it this week though) I've decided since it is weight I'm trying to loose that on the strength training days I'm going to walk for an hour at nights. I did that last wednesday. I walked four miles in an hour and burned roughly 410 calories. That's in addition to my morning workouts. I hoping to walk at least three times this week. I would say I felt pretty good this last week. I definitely felt more productive. There's my work out update.
Apart from working out I have a goal to eat better and count calories. I feel like I did pretty good. My breakfasts were either smoothies (only fruit no sugar or yogurt or juice added), yogurt or grapefruit. I stuck to that easily since I usually don't eat breakfast. The problem for me was getting me to eat at all. Lunch was a little harder to track. Somedays I had a sandwich and some days I just snacked on celery and carrots throughout the afternoon. Dinners were actually really good. Todd and I had planned out a menu and stuck to it really well. I think on of our dinners was around 400 calories but the was the most and I've made sure that I'm eating only on serving of everything. Looking at the scale I've lost a pound. I'd rather have lost two but one is better than none.
My tip of the week! : Make a menu and stick to it! My main problem wasn't necessarily over-eating or eating when I'm bored. I have a problem deciding what to eat and so sometimes I'm going a whole day with out eating. From what I've read breakfast is important for jump-starting your metabolism for the day. I found that I really do have more energy and that planning a menu stops me from snacking on not so good for me foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment